This DIY Flower Crown is made from used bottles so it’s cheaper than the store bought variety AND makes for a fun crafternoon. Festival head gear sorted!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Large plastic bottles
Needle and thread
Hot glue gun
Buttons or thumbtacks
1. Source some bottles! Make sure they have no ridges. I find a 1 or 2 Litre soft drink bottle was perfect. If you have about six flowers with three layers each, you’ll need about 18 flowers.
2. Using a flower stencil and oil based pen, draw your shape onto the bottle and cut out.
3. Spray paint your petals. I find three colours works perfectly.
4. Use a pin to pierce a hole in the middle of each flower. Gather three or four together, then using a needle and thread (I used tapestry yarn) thread all three together. Tie a not or use a button so you can thread the yarn back through the hole and tie at the back.
5. Tie these onto your head crown and fortify with a glue gun.
6. Wear your pretty upcycled head crown where ever you damn please.