Something about this Christmas has really evoked my inner child, so it seemed the perfect opportunity to have a go at these DIY sparkly dinosaur decorations that have been on my Pinterest board forever!
They are super easy and will only take an hour or two to make. I found dinosaurs that were around 20cm in height or length were perfect as they are hollow – you can use the solid ones but be prepared to give your electric drill a work out!
- WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Some plastic dinosaurs
- Photo frame screw hooks (from the hardware store)
- Glitter glue
- Electric drill and screw bit the same size as your screw hook
- Start by drilling a hole in your dinosaur – the hole should be small enough that the hook fits snuggly without moving around too much. Test this out, then remove your hook.
- Spray paint your dino. I found two coats worked well! Let dry.
- You can use glitter and PVA to add some sparkle, or if you want to avoid using glitter, I recommend ready made glitter glue for minimum fuss and mess.
- Wait to dry, screw in your hook, add some string to hand, and you’re done!
I can say for the first time ever that I’m obsessed with my Christmas tree!
Will you be making your own Christmas decorations this year?
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and see you in the new year!